- 2 cloves garlic
- 5-10 g fresh ginger
- 140 g soy sauce
- 30 g Raw Honey
- 70 g Mirin Sauce
- 40 g brown sugar
- 10 g cornflour
- 80 g water
Chop garlic & ginger sp7/3secs. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary to make a fine consistency.
In MC add cornflour to 30g water and mix until all lumps have been removed. (This step prevents lumps in your sauce).
Add all remaining ingredients including cornflour mixture to tmx bowl. Mix sp3/5secs.
Cook, MC removed, 100degrees/7mins/sp1.
Put into jar or airtight container. Allow to cool before using. Cooling occurs quicker without lid on.
Accessories you need
Sauce should thicken after cooking and be glossy. If not, cook further MC removed 90degrees//1min.
Store in a jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 1week.
To make this less salty you could use a salt reduced soy sauce or a tamari sauce.
This is a great marinade for chicken in sushi or as a marinade for any meat or sauce for stirfry.
The longer you marinade the deeper the flavour. Ideally 24hrs, however, 20-30mins if you need something quickly.
I have marinaded in as little as 10minutes and it was still nice.
Adapted from The Daring Gourmet
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- The Best Buffalo wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Twix Bar (Dairy, Gluten, Egg, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan)
- Almost 'Mcvities Digestive Biscuits'
- Almost fail proof crackers (Dairy, egg, nut free)
- Jam Doughnuts
- Dairy & Egg Free Doughnuts
- Argentinean Spinach Croquettes (Gluten Free)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls(Refined sugar free, dairy & egg free)
- Fool proof 15min Jam
- Coconut Syrup
- Dairy Free Puff Pastry
- Sous Vide Wagyu Striploin
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Quince conserve
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup