- 40 g black truffle salsa
- 1 level teaspoon salt flakes
- 100 g ricotta cheese, excess water squeezed out in paper towel or muslin cloth
- 600 g cream
Place cream in the thermomix bowl with the butterfly attachment and mix on speed 4 until the cream separates into buttermilk and solids. Drain the buttermilk and rinse the solids with icy cold water in the bowl on speed 4. Rinse the butter again until all buttermilk has been removed (water runs clear) - this can be done in the basket if prefered.
Squash the butter against the side of the bowl to remove any remaining water.
Insert the butterfly attachment. Add the truffle salsa, ricotta cheese and salt flakes and mix on speed 4 for 60 seconds. Transfer to a butter pat for serving or to an airtight container for storage.
Serve with fresh crusty bread, on a piece of steak, or grilled mushrooms.
To make the butter
The ricotta in this recipe gives this butter a light and airy texture.
Store truffle butter in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Truffle salsa is avaiable from gourmet food shops and department store food halls, or online. If you can't find truffle salsa, you could substitute with 20g of grated fresh truffle, or you could use truffle salt instead of salt flakes, or add some truffle oil to taste instead.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Banana and honey Bundt cake
- Gluten Free Creamcheese Cake
- Lola Berry Healthy Paleo Hot Cross Muffins
- Impossible Pie
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Creamy pumkin soup