Vegan All-Purpose Cheese Sauce from @ohsheglows
- 50 g Cashews, Soaked overnight or for at least 1 hr
- 190 g Potatoes, Peeled, diced
- 55 g Carrots, Diced
- 3 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Vinegar
- Sriracha sauce, Optional
1. Soak the cashews in a bowl of water overnight or for at least 1 hour. Rinse and drain.
2. Put 750ml of water in TM bowl. Add the potatoes and carrots to the simmer basket. Cook at varoma temperature for 25 minutes, speed 3. Drain and return to TM bowl.
3. Add the cashews, nutritional yeast, coconut oil, water, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and vinegar and blend on speed 10 for 1 minute or until smooth. (If it’s too thick, you can add another splash of water or oil).
4. Taste the sauce and add sriracha and more salt, if desired.
Note: The sauce will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan orange and rum truffles
- Vegan pesto pasta by @carrotsandflowers
- Vegan Chilli Con Carne (for nachos)
- Raw vegan lamington balls (by @healthyfrenchwife)
- Vegan apricot chicken (chickpeas)
- Vegan Asian Mushroom and Noodle Soup
- Vegan Minestrone Soup
- Vegan Vegetable, Quinoa and TVP Soup
- Vegan Fitness Food - Black Muscle Pudding
- Vegan Peanut Lime Curry with Tofu
- Vegan Clone of Tikka Paste & Butter Chicken
- Moroccan-Spiced Silverbeet
- tomato kasundi (taste)
- Sweet As Pad Thai
- Beef Cheeks on Mashed Cauliflower & Baby Carrots
- BIG MAC Sauce
- Orange Mash
- Steamed Slider Buns
- Zucchini Pasta slice
- Alkalising Green Smoothie
- Macadamia,Cranberry & Pepita Anzac Biscuits
- Mini Quiches
- Low Salicylate Carob Sweet Potato Brownies