- 100 g yellow mustard seeds
- 200 g black mustard seeds, source - Indian food store
- 15 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, fresh
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh
- 1 Handful parsley, no stalks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 centimetre piece of ginger, peeled, cut into rounds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 !/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil
Place all ingredients into bowl EXCEPT Oil and Vinegar. Chop 5 secs, speed 8. Scrape down bowl. Repeat 1 or 2 more times until properly mixed.
With blades running, speed 4, and MC in place, slowly drizzle vinegar and then oil. Takes about 4 mins. Process until combined.
Transfer to a glass bowl, using the spatula. Cover and leave 8 hours, or overnight.
The mixture will thicken during this time.
Using a wooden spoon place into sterilised glass jars.
For a smoother mustard you can blend again after it has sat for 8 hrs or overnight.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Cheats kousa