THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1000 grams potatoes, peeled, quartered.
- 1 brown onion, peeled, quartered
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 200 grams corned beef (leftovers), rind removed, small diced.
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 130 g plain flour, or other flour types
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place potatoes, onion, garlic and rosemary in TM bowl and mix for 10 secs on speed 5.
Add corned beef, flour, salt and pepper and mix for 15 secs on speed 4 or till all ingredients are mixed through. You may need to use the spatula.
Heat a mixture of 1-2cm flavourless oil and ghee in a pan till hot, and fry 2-3 tbs of rosti mixture for 3-4 mins each side, till brown, crispy and cooked in the middle. Rosti should be soft in the centre, and not "stodgy" OR place on baking paper in 170 degree fan forced oven with some spray oil and bake until golden brown.
Serve while hot with Ketchup or tomato relish.
Accessories you need
If you mixture is too wet, add a little extra flour. It should resemble a chunky fritter mixture, with some moisture. If your mix is too dry the rosti will be very stodgy. You can add some substitute some or all of the potato for sweet potato.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Creamy tomato bisque