- 150 g onion, peeled and quarter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 g carrots, peeled and rough chopped about 1.5 cups
- 2 clove garlic
- piece ginger 2.5 cm, peeled
- 2 tsp cummin seeds, or powder
- 4 teaspoon coriander seeds, or ground
- 150 g rhubarb, about 1 cup rough chopped
- 500 g water
- 1 tablespoon veggie stock paste or chicken
- 250 g coconut milk
- 60 g lime juice, 1/2 MC
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Jalapeno Slices
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place cumin and coriander seeds if using TM and grind 20 secs/ speed 10, set aside.
Place onions in mixing bowl and chop 4 secs/ speed 5.
Sauté onions with olive oil, lightly seasoned with salt and ground pepper 3 mins/120 deg /speed 1 until onions soften.
Add carrots, garlic, ginger, cumin,tumeric and coriander cook 1 min/ 120 deg speed 1 until ingredients are coated with oil.
Add rhubarb, veggie stock, coconut milk, and lime juice. Cook 25 mins /100 degspeed 1 or until carrots are tender.
Blend with jalapeño, if necessary, 1 min/speed 5-9, increasing speed gradually.
Serve hot or cold with fresh coriander and basil on top.
Accessories you need
use vegan fish sauce if you wish.
serve hot or cold
credit to //www.laurieconstantino.com/recipe-index/thai-carrot-rhubarb-soup/
for the recipe.. I just connverted it
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Sues Sultana Cake
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Egg Tart
- Cod and potato chowder
- Chrissys Sultana and Bran Muffins
- Beef and Pepper Casserole
- Filipino steamed Pork Buns
- Chicken Congee Filo style
- maryannes mashed potato
- Maryannes Seafood Chowder
- wholemeal spelt bread
- Carins Curried Broccoli and Potato soup
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Veggie Fritters
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot