- 60 g beef stock concentrate
- 1500 g water
- 1 onion, halved
- 3 centimetres ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 30 g raw sugar
- 40 g fish sauce
- 200 g Rice Vermicelli
- 400 g beef eye fillet
- 1/2 bunch mint, fresh
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 long red chillies, thinly sliced
Place ginger and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Add onion and chop for 2 seconds on speed 5.
2. Add star anise, cinnamon, sugar, fish sauce, stock and water to ingredients in TM bowl and cook broth for 30 minutes on Varoma temperature, reverse speed 2.
3. As broth is cooking, place noodles in Thermoserver and cover with boiling water. As you wait for the noodles to soften you can take the opportunity to prepare beef, chilli and herbs.
4. Drain noodles and place beef strips on top of noodles in Thermoserver. Pour broth into Thermoserver (which will gently cook the meat) and use the simmering basket to strain solids (star anise, cinnamon).
5. Serve up individual bowls then top with the bean sprouts and garnish with chilli and fresh herbs according to your tastes.
Beef & Noodle Soup
Accessories you need
Adapted by Elise Hinkley from
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Thai pork with eggplant
- Chicken pot pie
- Creamy Chicken Macaroni
- Gluten free zucchini slice
- Frozen Choc Bliss Bar
- Mascarpone and Herb Tart with Roasted Capsicum
- Roast Pumpkin with Fruity Rice
- Lemon Chicken Stirfry
- Donna Hay's Ultimate One Bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
- Walnut, Feta and Quinoa Salad
- A Quiche for Cheats
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Rich Tomato Sauce - for everything
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Chiko Roll - Gluten Free
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Beetroot Burgers
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)