- 40g Butter
- 40g flour
- 600ml fish stock
- 250g Milk or cream
- Salt & White Pepper, to taste
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1.5 doz raw Bluff oysters, 3/4 of them chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 bunch parsley or sage
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop parsley 2 secs, speed 6, set aside.
melt butter 3 min, 100C, speed 1.
Add flour and cook 3 min 100C, speed 1
Add milk, stock, nutmeg, salt & pepper and half of parsley and cook 6 min, 90C, speed 4 until smooth and creamy.
Add oysters and lemon juice and mix 30 secs, reverse, speed 1.
Serve immediately garnished with reserved parsley or sage if you are adventurous.
This is a traditional Easter family dish for our family, as the Bluff oyster season starts on 1 March in NZ, and Easter is often in March. By Easter we would have had our fill of raw oysters - or au naturel, so this is the the method we used to make the most of the bounty of the sea.
This recipe is adapted from the Edmonds Cookery Book 1992 edition, page 78.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Cinnamon Butter
- Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Kids Bubble cups
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- Blueberry jam
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)