- 40g Butter
- 40g flour
- 600ml fish stock
- 250g Milk or cream
- Salt & White Pepper, to taste
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1.5 doz raw Bluff oysters, 3/4 of them chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 bunch parsley or sage
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop parsley 2 secs, speed 6, set aside.
melt butter 3 min, 100C, speed 1.
Add flour and cook 3 min 100C, speed 1
Add milk, stock, nutmeg, salt & pepper and half of parsley and cook 6 min, 90C, speed 4 until smooth and creamy.
Add oysters and lemon juice and mix 30 secs, reverse, speed 1.
Serve immediately garnished with reserved parsley or sage if you are adventurous.
This is a traditional Easter family dish for our family, as the Bluff oyster season starts on 1 March in NZ, and Easter is often in March. By Easter we would have had our fill of raw oysters - or au naturel, so this is the the method we used to make the most of the bounty of the sea.
This recipe is adapted from the Edmonds Cookery Book 1992 edition, page 78.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Leek potato soup
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Creamy pumkin soup
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup
- Roasted apple and pumpkin soup
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Spaghetti Alfredo
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Greek easter koulourakia dairy free
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Easy Pancakes
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins