- 40g Butter
- 40g flour
- 600ml fish stock
- 250g Milk or cream
- Salt & White Pepper, to taste
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1.5 doz raw Bluff oysters, 3/4 of them chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 bunch parsley or sage
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop parsley 2 secs, speed 6, set aside.
melt butter 3 min, 100C, speed 1.
Add flour and cook 3 min 100C, speed 1
Add milk, stock, nutmeg, salt & pepper and half of parsley and cook 6 min, 90C, speed 4 until smooth and creamy.
Add oysters and lemon juice and mix 30 secs, reverse, speed 1.
Serve immediately garnished with reserved parsley or sage if you are adventurous.
This is a traditional Easter family dish for our family, as the Bluff oyster season starts on 1 March in NZ, and Easter is often in March. By Easter we would have had our fill of raw oysters - or au naturel, so this is the the method we used to make the most of the bounty of the sea.
This recipe is adapted from the Edmonds Cookery Book 1992 edition, page 78.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Tasty Zesty Lemon Sorbet
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- LEMON POSSET serves 12-18 with SUGAR FREE option
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Lisa's Vegetable Pikelets
- Apple crumble cake
- Satay Sauce
- Basic Buttercake (AWW) 1.5 quantities