- 1 leek, White part only washed and cut into 1-2cm rings
- 1/2 onion, Peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g broccoli, Stalk and all!
- 1 carrot, Top removed cut into 5 pieces
- 1 Medium Potato, Washed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons Veg Stock Paste
- 500 g water, Warm
- 120 g Stilton or Good Quality Hard Blue Cheese
Add leek and onion to bowl and chop 5sec/sp5.
Add oil and saute 3min/100deg/sp1.
Add broccoli, carrot and potato, chop 5sec/sp5 - repeat if there are any large chunks not chopped.
Add stock paste and water cook 20min/100deg/sp1.
Blend 1min/sp5 then gradually to sp9.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl, then crumble Stilton/Blue Cheese into soup and mix 20sec/sp4.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Being born and raised in Scotland this has been a family favourite recipe I grew up on! I love winter here when I can whip this up and get a real feeling of home!!
Stilton is not always easy to find here in regional Australia so please feel free to use any good quality hard blue cheese. I used Jindi Deluxe Blue for this particular batch.
Make sure you only season to taste after the cheese has been added and mixed as the cheese is already salty.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.