- 2 tsp sesame seeds, optional
- 1 star anise pod
- 0.5 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 0.5 tsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 0.25 tsp whole cloves
- 0.25 tsp fennel seeds
- 0.25 tsp whole allspice
- 1 green cardamom pod
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed & roughly cut
- 1 carrot, roughly cut
- 1 parsnip, roughly cut
- 4 spring onions, 2-3cm batons
- 1 litre water
- 2 tbsp TM Vegetable stock paste
- 750 g brussels sprouts
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp Soy or tamari sauce, to taste
1. Place sesame seeds into TM bowl, if using, toast without MC 3 minutes Varoma temp. speed soft and set aside.
2. Place whole spices into TM bowl, dry roast without MC 5 minutes Varoma temp. speed soft, grind 2 minutes speed 9 until finely ground and set aside.
3. Place 1t each of sesame and canola oils into TM bowl, add prepared vegetables, chop 5 seconds speed 5 and saute without MC 10 minutes Varoma temp. speed 1.
4. Add 2t ground spices, water and TM Vegetable Stock Paste and cook without MC 20 minutes 100 deg. speed soft.
5. Prepare Brussels sprouts by trimming and cutting into quarters.
6. Use simmering basket to strain broth into ThermoServer, discarding vegetables, add lime juice and soy sauce or tamari, taste, adjust seasoning, cover and set aside.
7. Self clean, rinse and dry TM bowl, add remaining sesame and canola oil and heat 2 minutes Varoma temp. speed soft.
8. Add Brussels sprouts, 0.5t of remaining ground spices and saute on reverse without MC 3 minutes Varoma temp. speed 1.
9. Add 80ml broth, cover and cook on reverse 3 minutes 100 deg. speed 1 until sprouts are tender crisp.
10. Ladle broth into 4 bowls, mound the sprouts into the centre of each, sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and serve immediately.
Accessories you need
Can be served as a soup or as a vegetable side dish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup
- Grießklöschensuppe (German Dumpling soup)
- Kath's Chicken, Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Pearl Couscous
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- DATE DOUGHNUTS with Spiced Sugar
- TZATZIKI (Yoghurt Cucumber Dip)
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Roast Garlic & Butternut Pumpkin 'Hummus'
- GARLIC & PARSLEY RISOTTO
- Curried Parsnip Pie
- Stir Fried Parsnips
- Parsnip Potato Bake
- Tasty Parsnip Mash
- BRUSSELS SPROUT 'CAKE'
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS SAFFRON RISOTTO
- SILVERBEET PANCETTA CALZONE
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Quince conserve
- Baby's chicken, vegetables and rice all in one (6 months)
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage