Caldo de feijao preto (Black bean soup)
- 200 g Dried Black Beans
- 1100 g water
- 100 g brown onion, cut into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30 g oil
- 0.5 fresh red chillie, deseeded and cut into halves, plus extra for garnishing
- 150 g bacon, cut into cubes (1 cm)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh chives, to serve
- fried crackling, to serve
- bread, to serve
12h 55minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking 12h 45min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh beans and 500g of the water into it. Set aside to soak for 12 hours or overnight.
Place onion, garlic, oil and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Add bacon and bay leaf and cook 7 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add soaked beans with soaking liquid, remaining 600 g water and salt and cook 30 min/Vaoma/speed 1.
Carefully remove the bay lieaf, then blend 1 min/speed 4-7, increasing speed gradually from speed 3 to speed 7. Garnish with chives and extra chilli, then serve with crackling and bread.
Also suitable for TM31
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- AFRICAN CARROT SOUP
- Immuno-stimulant Potato and Leek Soup
- Oriental poached chicken and bok choy soup
- Mexican Bean Vegetable Soup
- Congee with pork mince
- Corn and Cauliflower Potage
- Fresh tomato soup
- Easy Chilli & Lentil Soup
- Potato Corn and Bacon Chowder
- Low FODMAP Vegan Zucchini Soup
- Pumpkin and coconut soup
- Hillbilly's Potato & Leek Soup
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Hot cross buns
- Chocolate hazelnut kisses
- Fennel, date and nut bread
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- Fruit and nut muesli (TM31)
- Quick fruit sorbet (TM31)
- Fruity dream (soft serve ice cream) (TM31)
- Crunchy carrot salad (TM31)
- Three cheese and spinach rolls (TM31)
- Kawakawa smoked NZ lamb with native herb, beetroot, garlic cream and ancient grain wafers - Chef Dave Anderson
- Zucchini Pasta slice
- Alkalising Green Smoothie
- Mini Quiches
- Low Salicylate Carob Sweet Potato Brownies
- Variation Roast Chicken with Spice Rub & Stuffing
- Jam tart daisies
- Gluten Free Pizza Base x2
- Variation Energy Muffins
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Chicken Casserole
- Oat & Coconut Cookies Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf