- 30 g Olive Oil., or butter
- 1 Onions med, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated fresh or dry spice
- 3 Apples, sliced and peeled
- 500 grams carrots, chopped with skin on
- 600 g Water.
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Paste
- 1 --- Can Evaporated Milk
- sour cream, to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add oil, Ginger and quartered onion to bowl
- Insert MC
- Chop 6 seconds on speed 5
- Saute for 2mins on 100 reverse speed 1
- add sliced apples and chopped carrots, water, stock paste and evaporated milk, I use carnation
- Place steaming basket instead of MC on lid
- cook 20 minutes at 100 Reverse speed 1
- Blend 4 minutes slowly increasing to speed 8
- Serve with either a swirl of cream or a dollop of sour cream
- Season to taste
- Garlic Bread goes great with this soup
I use the steaming basket during cooking to allow the steam to escape and no splattering when blending
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken