- 6-8 Rashers of bacon, cut into pieces
- Oil for frying
- 800 gram Cauliflour chunks
- 1 brown onion, cut in half
- 3 clove garlic
- 4 sprigs parsley, leaves only
- 30 gram oil
- 600 gram water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 60 gram Butter
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Heat oil in frypan, add bacon pieces and cook until crispy
Meanwhile, add cauliflour to mixing bowl and blitz for 15 seconds/speed 5. Scraoe down bowl and repeat if necessary. Remove blitzed cauliflour to a plate.
Add onion, garli and parslery to mixing bowl, chop 3 seconds/speed7. Scrape down bowl.
Add the oil and saute for 3 minutes/Varoma/speed 1
Add cauliflour, water, crispy bacon pieces and vegetable stock to mixing bowl and cook for 15 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1
Add butter and cook for another 5 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1
Process the cooked soup gradually increasing speed to speed 9 over a minute (very important step!)
Serve with fresh bread and cracked pepper.
Accessories you need
You can cook the bacon in with the onion if you prefer, just increase the cooking time to 6 minutes, "Counter-clockwise operation" , "Gentle stir setting" .
You could make this in your TM31, just reduce cauliflour to 700g and water to 500g, same cooking time though.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Eunji’s Chai Mix
- Variation Double Batch of Yoghurt TM5 Auto Setting
- GF, NF, DF, Egg Free Clone of Caribbean Carrot Cake with Healthy Cream Cheese Icing!
- Merrymaker Sisters Raw Mars Bar Slice
- Varoma Lamb Shanks
- Creamy Passionfruit Cupcakes
- Wicked Chocolate Cake
- Five Seed Family Loaf - Huge!
- Double Batch of Yoghurt
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison