- 150 g Rindless Bacon Rashers
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 900 g water
- 3 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 950 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 pinches sea salt, to taste
- 25 g butter, to taste or olive oil, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place bacon rashers onto it.
Bake for 20 minutes (200°C), or until very crispy. Lay out bacon on paper towel and ensure all liquid is absorbed. Allow bacon to cool and dry out.
Once cooled and dry, place bacon into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place Parmesan into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place water, stock paste, cauliflower, salt and pepper into mixing bowl and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add butter or olive oil and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1, then blend 1 min 30 sec/speed 5-9, increasing speed gradually.
Serve soup hot with reserved Parmesan cheese, topped with a sprinkle of bacon dust.
Accessories you need
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix class.
TM31 users can find the Cauliflower soup recipe in the Everyday Cookbook on pg 79. You will find another version of Bacon Dust called Virtual bacon dust in Dani Valent's In the Mix on pg 60.
Bacon truffle cauliflower soup: add 150g cooked bacon pieces, to taste when serving and substitute the butter with 1-2 tsp truffle oil for a slightly more decadent flavour.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles