- 150 g Rindless Bacon Rashers
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 900 g water
- 3 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 950 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 pinches sea salt, to taste
- 25 g butter, to taste or olive oil, to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place bacon rashers onto it.
Bake for 20 minutes (200°C), or until very crispy. Lay out bacon on paper towel and ensure all liquid is absorbed. Allow bacon to cool and dry out.
Once cooled and dry, place bacon into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place Parmesan into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place water, stock paste, cauliflower, salt and pepper into mixing bowl and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add butter or olive oil and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1, then blend 1 min 30 sec/speed 5-9, increasing speed gradually.
Serve soup hot with reserved Parmesan cheese, topped with a sprinkle of bacon dust.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix class.
TM31 users can find the Cauliflower soup recipe in the Everyday Cookbook on pg 79. You will find another version of Bacon Dust called Virtual bacon dust in Dani Valent's In the Mix on pg 60.
Bacon truffle cauliflower soup: add 150g cooked bacon pieces, to taste when serving and substitute the butter with 1-2 tsp truffle oil for a slightly more decadent flavour.
Other users also liked...
- Medicine Bomb Chicken Soup
- Keto Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Corn and Cauliflower Soup
- Goulash Soup, German Style
- Curried Cream of Vegetable Soup
- Simple hearty pumpkin soup
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Leek potato soup
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- Lemon and Goji Switchel
- My first veggies
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom Fettuccine Carbonara
- Cherry Ripe Smoothie
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Fettuccini Boscaiola