- 150 g Rindless Bacon Rashers
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 900 g water
- 3 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 950 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 pinches sea salt, to taste
- 25 g butter, to taste or olive oil, to taste
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place bacon rashers onto it.
Bake for 20 minutes (200°C), or until very crispy. Lay out bacon on paper towel and ensure all liquid is absorbed. Allow bacon to cool and dry out.
Once cooled and dry, place bacon into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place Parmesan into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place water, stock paste, cauliflower, salt and pepper into mixing bowl and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add butter or olive oil and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1, then blend 1 min 30 sec/speed 5-9, increasing speed gradually.
Serve soup hot with reserved Parmesan cheese, topped with a sprinkle of bacon dust.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix class.
TM31 users can find the Cauliflower soup recipe in the Everyday Cookbook on pg 79. You will find another version of Bacon Dust called Virtual bacon dust in Dani Valent's In the Mix on pg 60.
Bacon truffle cauliflower soup: add 150g cooked bacon pieces, to taste when serving and substitute the butter with 1-2 tsp truffle oil for a slightly more decadent flavour.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats