- 1 piece piece of ginger peeled
- 1/3 piece of a long red chilli, or half deseeded to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 400 g water
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 100 g Chicken Cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon seaweed salt or pink himalayan salt to taste, or to taste
- handful of kelp or slim noodles, optional
Add ginger, chilli and garlic in bowl (all to taste), chop spped 7 for 3 seconds. Scrap down sides.
Add approx half MC of water or approx 50g (oil is another option)
Sauteee on varoma temp with MC off for 3 mins sp1
Add approx 300-350g of water, add salt and broccoli pieces. Cook Varoma temp sp 1 for 4 minutes
Add chicken pieces and cook for a further 3 mins varoma temp sp1
Pour into bowl over some Kelp or slim noodles (optional)
This broth is very flexible, add meat or vegetable of choice. It can be just enjoyed as a broth on its own. Somtimes I puree it with the broccoli in it or cauliflower so it turns into a soup and steam chicken or fish in the varoma at the same time. I then shred the chicken topping it onto my soup. Stock can be added for more flavour.
Recipe is easily doubled for 2 portions or halved for a just a small soup in a cup.
Fantastic quick meal when you have a cold.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.
- The Best Pumpkin Soup Ever