Chicken and Corn Soup
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 2.5 centimetre fresh,grated ginger, or 1 tsp minced ginger (bottle)
- 2-4 cloves fresh, finely chopped garlic, or 1 tsp minced garlic (bottle)
- 1 large can (400+g) creamed corm
- 1 small can (125) corn kernels or frozen corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce, (you can use either sweet chilli or hot chilli)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Thermi homemade vege stock paste, or 1 tsp vege stock powder
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 20 g sesame or olive oil
- 2 tbsp cornflour, mixed in a little water
- 2 eggs lightly beaten, (my recipe calls for just egg whites, but I like to use the whole egg)
- extra chopped shallots, for garnish
1h 5minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking 45min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place shallots, ginger and garlic into Thermi bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
2. Add sesame/olive oil and saute 5min/100°C/stir speed.
3. Pour chicken stock and vege stock paste into Thermi bowl.
4. Place diced chicken thigh fillets into both varoma trays and set on top of bowl. Steam 30min/varoma temp/speed 3.
5. As chicken cooks, the juices run down into the stock for extra flavour and the chicken doesn't break up.
6. Remove the varoma trays and add chicken into the bowl with the liquid stock.
7. Add the creamed corn, corn kernels, chilli sauce and soy sauce to the bowl and cook 5min/100°C/reverse speed stir .
8. Gradually add the cornflour mixed with water and continue cooking 2min/100°C/reverse speed stir .
9. Gradually add the beaten eggs in a thin stream and continue cooking 2min/100°C/reverse speed stir .
10. Serve in individual bowls and garnish with a little extra chopped shallots.
Chicken and Corn Soup
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- AFRICAN CARROT SOUP
- Immuno-stimulant Potato and Leek Soup
- Oriental poached chicken and bok choy soup
- Mexican Bean Vegetable Soup
- Congee with pork mince
- Corn and Cauliflower Potage
- Fresh tomato soup
- Easy Chilli & Lentil Soup
- Potato Corn and Bacon Chowder
- Low FODMAP Vegan Zucchini Soup
- Pumpkin and coconut soup
- Hillbilly's Potato & Leek Soup
- Zucchini Pasta slice
- Mini Quiches
- Variation Roast Chicken with Spice Rub & Stuffing
- Jam tart daisies
- Gluten Free Pizza Base x2
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf
- Almond & Oat Milk
- Choc Topping- Paleo or not
- Hummus with White Miso (Andrew Zimmern)
- Mum's Old School Curried Sausages
- White Sauce for Corned Beef
- Feijoa spelt muffins