- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1/2 level teaspoon Ginger, ground
- 420 gram Can creamed corn
- 315 gram corn kernels, fresh or 420g canned
- 600 grams water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 3 fillets chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 2 level tablespoons cornflour, mixed with water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites, or whole eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 spring onion, green part only, sliced, to serve
- 2 cloves garlic
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion and garlic to bowl, chop 3 seconds, speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add olive oil and ginger, sauté 2 minutes, 100 deg, speed 1.
Add corn, creamed corn, water, sesame oil, stock paste and sliced chicken.Cook 15 minutes, 100 deg, reverse, speed 1.
In the last 2 minutes of cooking increase the reverse speed to 2 and slowly drizzle the cornflour and water mixture through the lid. Then add the egg whites by slowly drizzling through the lid or replacing the MC and pouring the egg onto the lid to dribble through.
Serve topped with spring onion. Add soy sauce to taste
Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
You can pour the egg on to the lid with the MC on and let it slowly drip through. I've also used the whole egg to save wasting the yolk. Just add the broken yolk after the white or whisk it first.If you don't have fresh corn you can use a can of corn kernals instead. You can also just use two cans of creamed corn. I use the emptied creamed corn can to measure out the water being added to make sure I get every last kernal.
Top tip !!!!! must have vino in hand whilst making this soup or it just won’t work... freeze portions in those silly small Tupperware containers that are scattered in your plastic cupboard... this will become your lunch or dinner when you can’t be fluffed to cook 😂
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Quick Vegetable Soup
- Creamy chicken and mushroom soup
- Ham and Cheese Soup
- Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Matt's Laksa Paste
- Cleansing soup
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Empanada Pastry
- Massaman Curry Paste
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)