- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1/2 level teaspoon Ginger, ground
- 420 gram Can creamed corn
- 315 gram corn kernels, fresh or 420g canned
- 600 grams water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 3 fillets chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 2 level tablespoons cornflour, mixed with water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites, or whole eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 spring onion, green part only, sliced, to serve
- 2 cloves garlic
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add onion and garlic to bowl, chop 3 seconds, speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add olive oil and ginger, sauté 2 minutes, 100 deg, speed 1.
Add corn, creamed corn, water, sesame oil, stock paste and sliced chicken.Cook 15 minutes, 100 deg, reverse, speed 1.
In the last 2 minutes of cooking increase the reverse speed to 2 and slowly drizzle the cornflour and water mixture through the lid. Then add the egg whites by slowly drizzling through the lid or replacing the MC and pouring the egg onto the lid to dribble through.
Serve topped with spring onion. Add soy sauce to taste
Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
You can pour the egg on to the lid with the MC on and let it slowly drip through. I've also used the whole egg to save wasting the yolk. Just add the broken yolk after the white or whisk it first.If you don't have fresh corn you can use a can of corn kernals instead. You can also just use two cans of creamed corn. I use the emptied creamed corn can to measure out the water being added to make sure I get every last kernal.
Top tip !!!!! must have vino in hand whilst making this soup or it just won’t work... freeze portions in those silly small Tupperware containers that are scattered in your plastic cupboard... this will become your lunch or dinner when you can’t be fluffed to cook 😂
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza