- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 20 g olive oil
- 3 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 800 g can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon harissa paste (page 153, Quick Fix: Every Occasion)
- 1 tablespoons Stock Concentrate
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt, to taste
- 400 g can Chickpeas, drained
- 50 g baby spinach
- handful flat leaf parsley, leaves only
1. Place onion and garlic in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5.
2. Add chorizo and oil, sauté for 8 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
3. Add celery, capsicum, diced tomatoes, harissa paste, stock concentrate, tomatopaste and salt. Cook for 17 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed soft,MC removed and steamer basket on top to prevent splashes.
4. Add chickpeas, spinach and parsley, continue cooking for 3 minutes, Varomatemperature, reverse speed soft, MC removed and steamer basket on top.
Serve with cheat’s sourdough (page 55) or creamy polenta (page 67).
Health tip: Chickpeas are a very high source of natural fibre, which helps to clear waste from the digestive tract. They are also high in zinc, which may also promote skin healing.
Wine pairing: This stew is delicious paired with a red wine, such as Tempranillo or Shiraz. For a white wine, try a light Pinot Gris or Pinot Grigio, or a traditional Spanish sherry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Seafood Risotto
- Jumbo Bread loaf
- Hokey Pokey Ice Cream
- Carnation green tea cocktail
- Trout salad & horseradish dressing
- Hot cross bagels
- Spiked truffles
- Almond pulp truffles
- Mango salsa with lime bursts
- Vanilla bean panna cotta with raspberry rosewater coulis
- Coconut lamb curry
- Fresh petite radish salad
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread