- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 20 g olive oil
- 3 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 800 g can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon harissa paste (page 153, Quick Fix: Every Occasion)
- 1 tablespoons Stock Concentrate
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt, to taste
- 400 g can Chickpeas, drained
- 50 g baby spinach
- handful flat leaf parsley, leaves only
1. Place onion and garlic in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5.
2. Add chorizo and oil, sauté for 8 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
3. Add celery, capsicum, diced tomatoes, harissa paste, stock concentrate, tomatopaste and salt. Cook for 17 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse speed soft,MC removed and steamer basket on top to prevent splashes.
4. Add chickpeas, spinach and parsley, continue cooking for 3 minutes, Varomatemperature, reverse speed soft, MC removed and steamer basket on top.
Serve with cheat’s sourdough (page 55) or creamy polenta (page 67).
Health tip: Chickpeas are a very high source of natural fibre, which helps to clear waste from the digestive tract. They are also high in zinc, which may also promote skin healing.
Wine pairing: This stew is delicious paired with a red wine, such as Tempranillo or Shiraz. For a white wine, try a light Pinot Gris or Pinot Grigio, or a traditional Spanish sherry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.
- Seafood Risotto
- Jumbo Bread loaf
- Hokey Pokey Ice Cream
- Carnation green tea cocktail
- Trout salad & horseradish dressing
- Hot cross bagels
- Spiked truffles
- Almond pulp truffles
- Mango salsa with lime bursts
- Vanilla bean panna cotta with raspberry rosewater coulis
- Coconut lamb curry
- Fresh petite radish salad
- Lisa & Walid’s Hummus
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Savoury pikelets for school lunches
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- French bread
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Keto Bread Rolls
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies