- 2 brown onions, peeled, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 level teaspoon tumeric ground
- 1/2 level teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 100 grams red lentils, well rinsed until water runs clear
- 50 grams white rice
- 1 litre of water
- 2 tablespoons veggie stock paste, from the EDC
- 200 grams canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 200 grams thick plain Greek Yoghurt
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
Chop Onion and Garlic in the mixing bowl for 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add Coconut oil, Tumeric and Cayenne Pepper and saute for 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add red Lentils and Rice with the water and veggie Stock Paste and cook for 20 min/100 degrees/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1-2.
Pour the Soup into the Thermoserver with the drained Chickpeas and let them warm through, while you prepare the Yoghurt.
Clean and dry your mixing bowl. Add Parsley, Mint and Coriander and chop for 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the Yoghurt, some Salt and Pepper and mix for 10 sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 2. Repeat if necessary, but don't overmix.
To serve divide the Soup between your bowls and top with fresh herb yoghurt. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
Serve with a crusty sourdough bread as a side.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- South Pacific Raita
- Frenisian Slaw
- Chicken and Zucchini Cakes
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Passionfruit mojito
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup