- 2 brown onions, peeled, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 level teaspoon tumeric ground
- 1/2 level teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 100 grams red lentils, well rinsed until water runs clear
- 50 grams white rice
- 1 litre of water
- 2 tablespoons veggie stock paste, from the EDC
- 200 grams canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 200 grams thick plain Greek Yoghurt
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
Chop Onion and Garlic in the mixing bowl for 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add Coconut oil, Tumeric and Cayenne Pepper and saute for 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add red Lentils and Rice with the water and veggie Stock Paste and cook for 20 min/100 degrees//speed 1-2.
Pour the Soup into the Thermoserver with the drained Chickpeas and let them warm through, while you prepare the Yoghurt.
Clean and dry your mixing bowl. Add Parsley, Mint and Coriander and chop for 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the Yoghurt, some Salt and Pepper and mix for 10 sec/ speed 2. Repeat if necessary, but don't overmix.
To serve divide the Soup between your bowls and top with fresh herb yoghurt. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
Serve with a crusty sourdough bread as a side.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup