- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 40 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 200 grams red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 level tsp chilli powder
- 1 level tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes
- 40 grams tomato puree
- 75 grams chicken stock paste
- 900 grams water
- pinches Salt and pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1) Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2) Add extra virgin olive oil and saute 3 min/120c/speed 1.
3) Add carrots and chop 6 - 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
4) Add chilli powder, ground coriander, ground cumin and kidney beans and cook 1 min/100c/speed 1 to release the flavours.
5) Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, chicken stock paste and water and cook 20 min/100c/ "Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
6) Blend 30 sec/speed 4 - 7, increasing speed gradually. Serve hot.
Accessories you need
This soup can be made vegan/vegetarain by substituting the chicken stock paste with vegetable stock past.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- No-Fuss Dumpling Noodle Soup
- Liver Rescue Broth
- Thai pumpkin soup
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Bacon Soup
- Pumpkin and Bacon Soup with Risoni
- Beef Bakso (sis Adz's)
- Pumpkin and Bacon Soup
- Mr Chan's Cheats Chicken Broth - by CookiK8
- Hearty Italian Fennel and Chicken Soup with White Beans
- Comfort in a Cup, Lemon and Coconut Chicken Soup
- Bec's Table Ginger Chicken Soup with Noodles