- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 red chilli
- 1 Stalk LemonGrass
- 10 g fresh galangal, sliced into coins
- 400 g coconut cream, (Tin)
- 750 grams chicken stock
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 5 Mushrooms sliced
- 8 mini Roma tomatoes, Halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stalk spring onion
- place Galangal, slice lemon grass and spring onion into 5cm pieces and lightly smash also lightly crush chilli, garlic and kaffir lime leaves. (help release flavour) and put in TM bowl
- Add stock and coconut cream
- Cook for 5 minutes at 100° C on REVERSE speed 2 to begin infusion of flavours. Meanwhile, prepare chicken by cutting into smaller pieces.
- Add lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, wizz quickly and taste- you can tweak it to best suit your taste.
- place the TM simmering basket into the TM bowl and place chicken in basket. Cook 10mins 90 deg reverse speed 2
- Add sliced mushrooms Cook 10 mins 90 deg reverse speed2
- Take out basket and pour chicken mushroom mix into thermoserver
- Strain the remaining liquid through the simmer basket into thermoserver, discard.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and sliced mini roma tomatoes.
Accessories you need
- Galangal is similar to Ginger in look and the way that you cook it but it has a different flavour base. It is more of a peppery flavour.
- As with most Asian cooking there needs to be a balance in flavours so make sure you are tasting the broth there might be a bit of adjusting needed with the lime / fish sauce / sugar balance.
- I soaked some thai rice noodles and put some in each bowl to make it a little more filling, I also added prawns in with the chicken for a little variety.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Truffle Aioli
- Braised Jew Fish
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo