THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium carrots, or 1 large
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 medium beetroot, optional, you won&#039;t taste it
- 50 grams Raw Cashew Nuts
- 500 grams tomato, fresh, tinned or pasata/puree
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- pinch Whole Black Peppercorns, or ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 500 g water
- 50-100 g Butter, optional, for a richer soup
- coconut yoghurt, to serve
- fresh coriander, parsley or basil, to serve
Recipe is created for
Dice the vegetables roughly and add all of the ingredients for the soup except the water to the mixing bowl.
Chop for 5 secs./speed 6.
Add the water.
Cook for 25 mins./100'C/speed 2.
Make sure the MC is in place. Very, very carefully and slowly blend by increasing slowly to speed 10 and pureeing for 1 minute.
Check the consistency and add more water if you want a thinner soup, more seasoning if needed and the butter if you are going to add it.
Blend again for 30 secs to 1 min/speed 10 increasing slowly.
Enjoy on its own, in a mug or bowl or garnish with a generous dollop of coconut yoghurt and chopped herbs.
Smokey Tomato Soup
Accessories you need
You can also enrich your soup by using home made bone broth (stock) if your are GAPS/Paleo in place of the water.
Or you can add a few tablespoons of gelatin that was soaking in 1/2 cup of water at the end when you puree it.
Lovely with the fresh herbs blended in at the end.
It also makes a lovely sauce for pasta or zuchnini noodles. Either as a simple napoli or you can add salami and olives and chilli or artickokes, grilled eggplant and olives before tossing through pasta.
For an onion free version omit the garlic and onion and use half a bulb of fennel if you can have it. Or just omit.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup
- Grießklöschensuppe (German Dumpling soup)
- Kath's Chicken, Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Pearl Couscous
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Easter Spiced Paleo Cookies (GAPS, Grain & Gluten Free)
- Tomato Sauce
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Sugar Cookies
- Minced beef Goulash
- Easter Egg Buns
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts