- 20 grams Butter
- 1 Onions (small), Quartered
- 1 tablespoon Plain Flour.
- 750 g chicken stock
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash nutmeg, ground
- 350 g Leeks, trimmed & washed, cut to 1cm lengths
- 1 egg yolk
- 125 g thickened cream
Chop onions 3 sec, speed 7.
Scrape Down and add butter stir 7 min, 50°C, speed 1.
Add Leeks 3 sec, speed 5.
In MC blend flour and a little stock to a thin paste (avoid lumps).
Gradually on speed 1 stir in the celery salt, salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, paste and remaining stock.
Bring bowl to 10 min, 100ºC, speed 2.
Then reduce to 60 min, 60ºC, speed 2. (At this point you could set aside and freeze it for later on.)
In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg yolk and the cream together with a fork until they are thoroughly combined.
Stir the cream and egg yolk mixture into the soup and cook at 5 min, 50ºC, speed 5, or until the soup is thick and smooth.
Pour the soup into a warmed soup tureen or individual soup bowls and serve.
Serve with Crutons of fried bread.
Creamy Leek Soup
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.
All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread