- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 centimetre piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 650 grams parsnip, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 250 grams potato, chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons vegie stock paste
- 600 grams water
- 300 grams Milk
- pinch pepper
- 150 grams bacon, chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion, garlic and ginger in jug - 3 seconds, speed 7
Scape down and chop again 2 seconds speed 5.
Add oil and cook 5 minutes, varoma, speed 1
Add spices and cook 1 minute, varoma, speed 1
Add potato and chop, 6 sconds speed 5
Add all the rest of the soup ingredients and cook 20 minutes 98 degrees, speed 1.5 with steaming basket on top
Test for seasoning and vegies cooked and then blend 30 seconds speed 9.
Add toppings and serve
Fry off chopped bacon and chop parsley then serve on top of soup. We also tried with fried chorizo and delicious !
Adapted for the Thermomix from Nadia Lim's Fresh Start Cookbook recipe
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Green wellness juice
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Caramilk Delight
- Pot set yoghurt
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche