- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 centimetre piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 650 grams parsnip, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 250 grams potato, chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons vegie stock paste
- 600 grams water
- 300 grams Milk
- pinch pepper
- 150 grams bacon, chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion, garlic and ginger in jug - 3 seconds, speed 7
Scape down and chop again 2 seconds speed 5.
Add oil and cook 5 minutes, varoma, speed 1
Add spices and cook 1 minute, varoma, speed 1
Add potato and chop, 6 sconds speed 5
Add all the rest of the soup ingredients and cook 20 minutes 98 degrees, speed 1.5 with steaming basket on top
Test for seasoning and vegies cooked and then blend 30 seconds speed 9.
Add toppings and serve
Fry off chopped bacon and chop parsley then serve on top of soup. We also tried with fried chorizo and delicious !
Adapted for the Thermomix from Nadia Lim's Fresh Start Cookbook recipe
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Capers and Lemon Aioli
- Bacon and caramelised onion puffs
- Moist Chocolate Cake
- Trish's Slice - Caramel Oat Slice
- Apple and sage sauce
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Italian Beef Ragu
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Caitys chutney
- Caramelised onion jam
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two