- 1 leek, white part only
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 g sunflower oil
- 200 g white rice, medium grain
- 1200 g water
- 500 g chicken, 2cm cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- Handful green shallot pieces or chives, optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Roughly chop leek and add to bowl with garlic clove
Chop leek and garlic 3 sec, speed 5
Scrape down sides of bowl using spatula
Add 50g oil
Saute 3 min, Varoma temp, speed 1
Add 200g rice, 1200g water, 500g chicken and 1 tsp salt
Cook 25 mins, 100C, speed 1 reverse
Pour into Thermoserver to stand for 10-20 mins (congee will look quite liquid at this stage but will thicken while standing)
Serve with green shallot pieces and salt to taste
Accessories you need
Suitable for RPAH elimination diet (failsafe), low in salicylates, amines, glutamates.
Dairy, egg and nut free.
For baby food, leave out salt.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Raspberry Rounds
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins