- 2 fennel bulbs, roughly chopped
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40 grams Butter
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- splash apple cider vinegar, or white wine
- 1 litre water
- 2 tablespoons TM stock concentrate (pref chicken)
- 2 red potatoes, roughly chopped, OR 1C leftover cooked rice
- or sour cream
- or shaved parmesan, to serve
- 4 slices pancetta, fried until crisp, cooled and crumbled
- sprig fennel leaves, snipped
Add fennel, leeks and garlic to the bowl and blitz 3 secs, speed 9. Check contents, and stir/repeat if necessary.
Add the butter, and saute 100°C, speed 1, 5 mins.
Add fennel seeds, vinegar, water, stock concentrate and potatoes (or rice) and cook 100°C, speed 1, 12 mins.
[see Safety Note below, then proceed]
Ensure you have not exceeded maximum volume in the bowl (2L), and then blitz soup 1min, speed 9 gradually increasing from speed 1 to 9.
Serve dolloped with yoghurt, or sour cream, or parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with crumbled pancetta (optional) and the snipped fennel leaves.
***SAFETY NOTE*** Depending on the size of the vegetables used, you may have exceeded the maximum capacity of your bowl. Maximum volume is 2L, and you may prefer it to be less when blending hot liquids. If you have exceeded 2L, ladle some soup out to a bowl, and blend in 2 batches.
This recipe is an adaptation of Sarah Wilson's Foolproof Fennel Soup from I Quit Sugar. For the original recipe, see //iquitsugar.com/recipe/foolproof-fennel-soup/
Fennel seeds may be substituted with a combination of fennel and anise seeds and ground liquorice root, or even cummin seeds.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- Healthy chicken burgers
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge