- 1-2kg Ripe red tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped, Depends on how much of a tomato flavour you like, and how much you can safely fit in the jug.
- 1 large onion, Peeled and 1/4rd
- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled or 2 tspns chopped from a jar
- 20 grams olive oil
- pinch dried chilli flakes, Optional
- 1 tablespoon Vegeta or stock
- 3 tsp dried italian herbs
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Water to fill line in the jug.
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese and basil leaves for serving, Optional
1. Ad tomatoes and onions, garlic and oil to the.
2. Blitz sp 5 / 10 secs
3. Cook briefly Varoma/5 mins/ sp2
4. Add remaining ingredients.
5. Cook 100°C/ 30 mins/ sp 2
6. Blitz sp 5/40 secs, or until done to your liking. Once the unit has cooled somewhat you can safely blend at a higher speed.
7. Serve with optional Parmesan and basil.
Use the simmering basket in place of the MC in step 5 if there is too much spatter.
Join my FaceBook group "Thermify me" for more great recipes and tips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Chicken and Corn Noodle Soup
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Califlower soup with parmesen and bacon dust
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Mango mousse
- Blueberry ricotta pancakes with a lemon glaze
- Creme di Limoncello
- Easy Mini Quiches
- Walnut choc chip meringue cake
- Lemon pudding cake
- Garlic and herb butter bombs
- Chocolate and orange marble cake
- Salted caramel crackers
- Kheer (Indian spiced rice pudding)
- Lemon meringue tarts
- Yoghurt pancakes
- Chicken Paella
- Garden vegetables tagliatelle
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Spicy Rum BBQ Sauce
- Beef Chili with Canadian twist
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- vegan mac and cheese (veganhuggs)
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice