- 1-2kg Ripe red tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped, Depends on how much of a tomato flavour you like, and how much you can safely fit in the jug.
- 1 large onion, Peeled and 1/4rd
- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled or 2 tspns chopped from a jar
- 20 grams olive oil
- pinch dried chilli flakes, Optional
- 1 tablespoon Vegeta or stock
- 3 tsp dried italian herbs
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Water to fill line in the jug.
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese and basil leaves for serving, Optional
1. Ad tomatoes and onions, garlic and oil to the.
2. Blitz sp 5 / 10 secs
3. Cook briefly Varoma/5 mins/ sp2
4. Add remaining ingredients.
5. Cook 100°C/ 30 mins/ sp 2
6. Blitz sp 5/40 secs, or until done to your liking. Once the unit has cooled somewhat you can safely blend at a higher speed.
7. Serve with optional Parmesan and basil.
Use the simmering basket in place of the MC in step 5 if there is too much spatter.
Join my FaceBook group "Thermify me" for more great recipes and tips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Steamed Port Dumplings
- Variation Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Onion gravy
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling