- 1/2 bulb garlic
- 2 Red onions
- 1.75 kg ripe tomatoes
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 140 g ciabatta bread
- chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Break garlic into cloves, and peel and cut the onions into 3cm wedges. Halve and lay the tomatoes in a large roasting tray, cut-side up, then scatter the unpeeled garlic cloves and onion wedges on top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with oregano, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the hot oven for 40-50 mins, or until the tomatoes are soft and sticky.
2. Pick out the garlic cloves and squeeze the soft flesh into the TM, discarding the garlic skins. Scrape everything else from the tray into the TM. Pour in the stock and add the basil. Tear the bread into the soup. Cook 10-12 min/100ºC/speed 3.
3. Allow to slightly cool, and sprinkle each serving with chopped parsley and your choice of bread/toast.
Accessories you need
Use salt and pepper to taste before roasting. I like a very generous sprinkling.
If you don't like the tiny spears of tomato skin, either pulse to blend; or remove the skins before putting into the TM.
Note: This is a variation of Jamie Oliver's recipe, picked up from Woolworths.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Huldah's Chickpea Curry
- Huldah's Whole Orange Syrup Cake
- Huldah's Curry and Rice Soup
- Huldah's Tuna Macaroni Bake
- Huldah's Turkish Pide Rolls
- Huldah's Butter Chicken with Fettucini
- Huldah's Honey-Mustard Chicken Risotto - for two
- Huldah's Lemon Chicken Risotto - for 1
- Huldah's Pasta and Tuna
- Huldah's Vanilla Yoghurt
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Pate au Pistou
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Pie Maker Gluten Free Roast Meat Fritter