- 1/2 bulb garlic
- 2 Red onions
- 1.75 kg ripe tomatoes
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 140 g ciabatta bread
- chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Break garlic into cloves, and peel and cut the onions into 3cm wedges. Halve and lay the tomatoes in a large roasting tray, cut-side up, then scatter the unpeeled garlic cloves and onion wedges on top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with oregano, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the hot oven for 40-50 mins, or until the tomatoes are soft and sticky.
2. Pick out the garlic cloves and squeeze the soft flesh into the TM, discarding the garlic skins. Scrape everything else from the tray into the TM. Pour in the stock and add the basil. Tear the bread into the soup. Cook 10-12 min/100ºC/speed 3.
3. Allow to slightly cool, and sprinkle each serving with chopped parsley and your choice of bread/toast.
Accessories you need
Use salt and pepper to taste before roasting. I like a very generous sprinkling.
If you don't like the tiny spears of tomato skin, either pulse to blend; or remove the skins before putting into the TM.
Note: This is a variation of Jamie Oliver's recipe, picked up from Woolworths.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Huldah's Chickpea Curry
- Huldah's Whole Orange Syrup Cake
- Huldah's Curry and Rice Soup
- Huldah's Tuna Macaroni Bake
- Huldah's Turkish Pide Rolls
- Huldah's Butter Chicken with Fettucini
- Huldah's Honey-Mustard Chicken Risotto - for two
- Huldah's Lemon Chicken Risotto - for 1
- Huldah's Pasta and Tuna
- Huldah's Vanilla Yoghurt