- 150 g brown lentils, soaked
- 75 g pearl barley, soaked
- 1 onion, cut into halves
- 2 garlic
- 2 carrot, cut into pieces
- 2 potatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into pieces
- 1000 g water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Stock Paste (BCB)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt & Pepper to tasta
1h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
If possible pre-soak lentils and pearl barley overnight.
You may add rice or pasta towards the end of the cooking time. Add the required minutes to cook either.
Pour into Thermoserver to keep warm.
You may also use chopped tomotoes instead of tomato paste.
Feel free to use other vegetables but keep to the maximum quantity of the TM5 bowl.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Spicy sweet potato soup