- 250 grams red lentils, washed and drained
- 1 brown onion, small, peeled and halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 red capsicum, large, roughly chopped
- 1 Carrot, small, roughly chopped
- 1.5 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 Tomato, medium, roughly chopped
- 1 Leek, small, roughly chopped
- 100 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 150 grams Green beans, sliced
- 100 grams Sweetcorn kernels, tinned or frozen
- 1 baby spinach, handful
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC)
- 750 grams water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon mixed, fresh herbs such as parsley, basil & coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
Accessories you need
This is a tasty, low GI, low calorie soup great for filling that empty tummy. Make up a batch and have it on hand for whenever you need a food top up. Good to freeze so you have a bowl to take to work each day.
A serve of just over 300gms is approx 180 cals so you have a rtasty, filling soup that is also low calorie.
Converted from a recipe by Dr John Tickell in The Great Australian Diet Recipe Book.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Zucchini balls
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Chickpea Dosa
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce