- 250 grams red lentils, washed and drained
- 1 brown onion, small, peeled and halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 red capsicum, large, roughly chopped
- 1 Carrot, small, roughly chopped
- 1.5 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 Tomato, medium, roughly chopped
- 1 Leek, small, roughly chopped
- 100 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 150 grams Green beans, sliced
- 100 grams Sweetcorn kernels, tinned or frozen
- 1 baby spinach, handful
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC)
- 750 grams water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon mixed, fresh herbs such as parsley, basil & coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
This is a tasty, low GI, low calorie soup great for filling that empty tummy. Make up a batch and have it on hand for whenever you need a food top up. Good to freeze so you have a bowl to take to work each day.
A serve of just over 300gms is approx 180 cals so you have a rtasty, filling soup that is also low calorie.
Converted from a recipe by Dr John Tickell in The Great Australian Diet Recipe Book.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Quick Vegetable Soup
- Creamy chicken and mushroom soup
- Ham and Cheese Soup
- Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Matt's Laksa Paste