- 500 g fresh chestnuts
- 1000 g water
- 1 leek, green leaves only, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaves
- 20 g Butter, cut into pieces
- 5 sage leaves
- black pepper, good grind
- 2 Medium potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp low FODMAP stock paste
- 500 g water
- Lactose free milk (optional)
1h 10minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Score an ‘x’ in the flat side of the chestnuts then place them in the Varoma.
Add 1000 grams of water into the Thermomix bowl and put the Varoma in place to steam chestnuts.
Cook 20 mins/ Varoma/speed 4.
The inner layer of skin is easiest to remove when the chestnut is hot and moist so only peel a few at a time and leave the others in the Varoma with the lid on.
Empty and dry the Thermomix bowl
Place leek greens into the mixing bowl.
Chop 5 secs/speed 5.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
Add 20 grams of butter, bay leaf and sage.
Saute on 4 mins/100 degrees/speed 1.
Add the chestnuts, potato, low FODMAP stock paste, pepper and 500ml of water to the Thermomix bowl.
Cook 20 mins/100 degrees/speed 1.
Puree 45 secs/slowly increasing to speed 9.
Check there are no lumps and process again if required.
Cook and peel chestnuts
Making the soup
For a smoother consistancy pass through a sieve.
For a thinner soup add in some lactose free milk to taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Nut butter Porridge
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Easy Lemon Cake