- 500 g fresh chestnuts
- 1000 g water
- 1 leek, green leaves only, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaves
- 20 g Butter, cut into pieces
- 5 sage leaves
- black pepper, good grind
- 2 Medium potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp low FODMAP stock paste
- 500 g water
- Lactose free milk (optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Score an ‘x’ in the flat side of the chestnuts then place them in the Varoma.
Add 1000 grams of water into the Thermomix bowl and put the Varoma in place to steam chestnuts.
Cook 20 mins/ Varoma/speed 4.
The inner layer of skin is easiest to remove when the chestnut is hot and moist so only peel a few at a time and leave the others in the Varoma with the lid on.
Empty and dry the Thermomix bowl
Place leek greens into the mixing bowl.
Chop 5 secs/speed 5.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
Add 20 grams of butter, bay leaf and sage.
Saute on 4 mins/100 degrees/speed 1.
Add the chestnuts, potato, low FODMAP stock paste, pepper and 500ml of water to the Thermomix bowl.
Cook 20 mins/100 degrees/speed 1.
Puree 45 secs/slowly increasing to speed 9.
Check there are no lumps and process again if required.
Cook and peel chestnuts
Making the soup
For a smoother consistancy pass through a sieve.
For a thinner soup add in some lactose free milk to taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.
- The Best Pumpkin Soup Ever
- Cream of Celery Soup for Two
- zucchini & chorizo soup with haloumi
- Cauliflower and Turmeric Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Gluten free bread - soft and flexible
- Quick Pickled beets
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- Keto Condensed Milk
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Caramel Hedgehog Slice
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal