- 30 g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 --- onions, halved
- 2 clove garlic
- 5 --- coriander roots, plus leaves to serve
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- 1000 gram carrots, roughly cut up
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock, Thermomix stock
- 1.25 litres Boiling water
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 150 g chorizo, finely chopped
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place the peeled onion and garlic into the Thermomix Bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
2. Scrape down the bowl, add the butter and saute for 5 mins/100/speed 2/ MC off.
2. Add the coriander roots, ground coriander, turmeric and 2 teaspoons cumin seeds and cook, stirring, for 90 secs/100/speed 2/MC on
3. Add the carrots and chop for 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the bowl.
4. Add the vegetable stock and cook for 20 mins/100/speed 1/MC on with the measuring cup on.
5. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the chorizo, olive oil and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until crisp. (Can also just be baked in oven for ~35min at 180degC.)
6. Once finished, check the carrots are soft and cooked through, add the fresh coriander and very slowly increase speed 1 min/speed 9/ MC on
7. Check for seasoning and consistency - add more water if desired.
8. Divide soup among bowls and serve with chorizo and coriander leaves.
Accessories you need
Please reduce volumes appropriately for TM31 as volume of bowl is smaller and spills could be dangerous.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Miso soup with prawns and mushroom
- Best Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Chinese Chicken and sweetcorn soup
- THERMOMUMMA HEARTY CHICKEN, VEGE & BROWN RICE SOUP
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Spicy bean soup
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Fennel Soup
- Ira's Borsch (Beetroot Soup)
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Roasted sweet potato and carrot soup
- Corn Chowder