- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon dried corriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 600 g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 500 g carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500 g water
- 1 tablespoon TM Vegetable stock paste
- 300 g Canned Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place 1 brown onion and 2 cloves of garlic in TM bowl and chop 3 sec, speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the TM bowl and sauté for 3 minutes, 120C, speed 1.
3. Add 1 teaspoon dried corriander, 2 teaspoons ground cumin and 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder to the TM bowl and sauté for a further 1 minute, 120C, speed 1.
4. Add 600g sweet potato and 500g carrot to the TM bowl and cook for 5 minutes, 120C, speed 1. The chop for 15 sec, speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl.
5. Add 500g water and 1 tablespoon vegetable stock paste to the TM bowl and cook for 20 minutes, 100C, speed 1.
6. Add 300g chickpeas to the TM bowl and cook for a further 10 minutes, 100C, speed 1.
7. Blend for 1 minute, gradually increasing the speed to 9.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
For a chunkier soup, skip the blending step.
Serve soup with fresh or toasted crusty bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Zucchini balls
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Chickpea Dosa
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Violet Crumble Cheesecake
- Chocolate Panforte
- Simple, creamy Hommus