- 1 onion, quartered
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 20 grams olive oil
- 400 grams potato (4 small potatoes), quartered
- 500 grams pumpkin, 3 x 3cm pieces
- 750 grams water
- 1 pinches Salt and pepper
- 1-2 pinches italian seasoning (sage, thyme, oregano, etc)
1h 1minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1.Place garlic and onion in jug 8 seconds speed 4
2. Scrape down bowl
3. Add oil
4. Sweat onions for 5 mins/100 deg/ speed 1
5. Add potato, pumpkin, water, stock, salt, pepper and italian seasoning to taste
6. Cook for 45 mins. 100 deg/ speed stir
7. Set time for 40 seconds and slowly work up to speed 5.5
8. Soup should be quite thick. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Stir through cream or milk to serve.
Serve with a sprinkle of spring onion on top.
Accessories you need
Depending on taste / diet you might want to adjust the amount of potatoes and pumpkin to suit. The more potatoes you add, the thicker it will be. Variations could include substituting some or all potato for sweet potato.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Veggie Fritters
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)