- 1 medium onion halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 grams short cut bacon
- 20 grams oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 700 grams parsnips peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 50-80 grams Cream (optional)
- 1000 grams water
Place onion, garlic and bacon in TM bowl and chop onion 3 sec speed 7
Add oil and sauté 3 minutes Varoma temperature, speed 1
Add parsnip and thyme and chop 5-10 sec speed 6
Add vegetable stock concentrate and water and cook for 20 mins 100 degrees speed 1
Add cream, if using, and puree for 1 minute by going slowly from speed 1 to speed 9
Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
Accessories you need
Adding the cream will give a richer result, but it works equally well without.
Parsnips give a natural sweet taste and the addition of the bacon and thyme gives a nice subtle flavor. Yum.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise
- Piquant Pork