THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 leek, white part only, roughly chopped
- 30 grams olive oil
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 white potatoes, peeled &amp; roughly chopped
- 1,000 grams water, don&#039;t go over Max fill line
- 1 tablespoon vegie stock paste
- 100 grams split peas, green or yellow
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 Smoked Ham Hock, needs to fit in varoma bowl
Place garlic, onion & leek into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil and saute for 5 minutes, varoma temp, speed 1.
Add carrots, celery & potato and chop for 5 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add stock paste, peas & pepper to the bowl. Add water slowly to Max fill line (doesn't matter if a bit less than 1,000g).
Place ham hock in varoma basket and place on top of Thermie.
Cook for 60 minutes, varoma temp, speed 1.
Check soup and add more water if looking too thick - depends on personal preference.
Turn hock over, in varoma basket, and cook soup for another 15 mins at Varoma temp on speed 1.
Once soup cooked, remove Varoma basket and put MC back in lid. Slowly turn dial up to speed 9 and blend for about 40 seconds.
Remove meat from hock bone and chop into smallish pieces. Add chopped meat into soup and mix on reverse, speed 5 for about 20 seconds.
Serve with home made bread rolls for an extra special meal!
My original recipe cooks the hock in the simmering basket but I find it very fiddly.
I've fnally changed it up a bit so that you can cook the hock in the varoma basket and still have as much flavour!
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Savoury cheese scone
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- Quick Beetroot Relish
- Spicy Plum and Date Chutney
- Maria's Meat Balls
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- LCHF Iced Coffee
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Pumpkin pasta sauce
- Balinese Corn Fritters