THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 leek, white part only, roughly chopped
- 30 grams olive oil
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 white potatoes, peeled &amp; roughly chopped
- 1,000 grams water, don&#039;t go over Max fill line
- 1 tablespoon vegie stock paste
- 100 grams split peas, green or yellow
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 Smoked Ham Hock, needs to fit in varoma bowl
8Recipe is created for
Place garlic, onion & leek into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil and saute for 5 minutes, varoma temp, speed 1.
Add carrots, celery & potato and chop for 5 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add stock paste, peas & pepper to the bowl. Add water slowly to Max fill line (doesn't matter if a bit less than 1,000g).
Place ham hock in varoma basket and place on top of Thermie.
Cook for 60 minutes, varoma temp, speed 1.
Check soup and add more water if looking too thick - depends on personal preference.
Turn hock over, in varoma basket, and cook soup for another 15 mins at Varoma temp on speed 1.
Once soup cooked, remove Varoma basket and put MC back in lid. Slowly turn dial up to speed 9 and blend for about 40 seconds.
Remove meat from hock bone and chop into smallish pieces. Add chopped meat into soup and mix on reverse, speed 5 for about 20 seconds.
Serve with home made bread rolls for an extra special meal!
My original recipe cooks the hock in the simmering basket but I find it very fiddly.
I've fnally changed it up a bit so that you can cook the hock in the varoma basket and still have as much flavour!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Broccoli, Zucchini & Leek Soup
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Pumpkin, lime & coconut soup
- Vegetable soup (with McKenzies dry soup mix)
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup