- 330 grams green split peas
- 1 carrot, Roughly Chopped
- 1 celery stalk, roughly Chopped
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 litres water
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Thermomix Vegetable Stock Paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Small Ham Hock, Cut meat only into 1.5cm chunks, while leaving skin as whole as possible for easy removal later.Bertocchi Meaty Pork Hocks approx. 1kg pack
Place onion & garlic into TM bowl and chop for 5 sec, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil and sauté for 5 min, varoma, speed 1.
Add carrots & celery chop for 5 sec, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add 1lt water, stock paste, peas & pepper to the bowl.
Place Bay Leaf, Ham & Skin into TM basket.
Lower basket into TM bowl careful! When you close the lid, make sure there is enough room near the hole for steam to escape during cooking!!
Cook for 100ºC, 60 min, speed 1, replace MC with something to cover end of bone. (splatters)
Remove the basket of meat with spatula and rest it on a tilt over the bowel and let it drain back into the soup, before removing basket completely.
When cool enough separate meat from skin and fat. (I return the skin and fat to bowl as a thickener)
With MC on 30 seconds, gradually increase to speed 9.
Add chopped meat only (discard skin if not used as above, and bay leaf) back to soup and mix on 10 sec, , speed 5.
Add remaining water to the 2 Lt. mark.
Cook soup for another 20 mins,100ºC, speed 1.
Pea and Ham Soup
You will need to replace MC with something to cover lid hole and end of bone. (splatters) I use a large teacup.
I use the skin as an extra thickening agent.
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
We use Australian tablespoons and cups:
1 teaspoon equals 5 ml;
1 tablespoon equals 20 ml;
1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Broccoli, Zucchini & Leek Soup
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Pumpkin, lime & coconut soup
- Vegetable soup (with McKenzies dry soup mix)
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL