- 1 bunch coriander, leaves and stems, roughly torn into pieces by hand - include the roots if you have them
- 3 garlic cloves
- 10 grams thumb of fresh ginger
- 40 grams soy sauce
- 500 grams pork mince, (chicken, beef or a mix of mince can be used)
- 30 gow gee wrappers or wonton wrappers
- 500 grams beef or chicken stock, OR 500g water with a tablespoon of homemade or your preferred stock paste
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 20g piece fresh ginger
- 20 grams fish sauce
- 20 grams soy sauce
- 20g sugar
- 2 bunches of pak choy
- handful of sliced mushrooms
- sliced spring onions, fresh chilli and coriander, OPTIONAL garnishes to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
NOTE: You will get approximately 30 dumplings from this recipe. You do not have to use all of the dumplings - you can freeze some for another time.
Place coriander, garlic and ginger into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides of bowl and repeat once. Add mince and soy sauce to the TM bowl and blend for 8 sec/speed 8 or until mixture is smooth and blended together. Lay gow gee wrappers out on a flat surface and place a teaspoon of mince mixture on each wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper with your finger and pinch together to seal and form dumplings.
Lightly grease both the varoma dish and tray and arrange dumplings evenly so there is room in between each dumpling to allow steam to get through. You may freeze leftover dumplings by laying on a piece of baking paper in a container in the freezer and use as needed.
Pour stock (or water and stock paste if using) into TM bowl and add fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. Place TM lid and varoma into position and steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until dumplings are cooked through.
Meanwhile, prepare your vegetables by washing and cutting and place them into a thermoserver. When the broth has finished cooking, taste to see if extra fish sauce/soy sauce/sugar is needed and adjust accordingly. If you find it too salty for your taste, the broth can be watered down with some boiling water. Pour the hot broth into the thermoserver on top of the prepared vegetables. Cover with lid and leave for a few minutes until veggies soften.
Add cooked dumplings to serving bowls and pour the broth over the top.
Garnish with sliced spring onions, fresh chilli and coriander.
Accessories you need
The dumplings are equally as delicious with chicken or beef mince - I have used a mix of beef and pork mince before and they were divine
If you have dried shiitake mushrooms, blitz a handful in the bowl first and then start with step 1. The shittakes add a lovely flavour to the dumplings.
Come and visit my facebook page 'Aussie TM5 Thermomixer' for more great recipes shares, hints and tips
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- ThermoSisters Nans Soup
- Variation Chicken & vegetable soup
- Bec's Chicken And Corn Soup with Egg Ribbons
- Celeriac, Zucchini, Leek, Tomato & Carrot Soup
- Lauren's Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin and Coconut Cream Soup
- Irish-style vegetable soup
- Coconut and Sweet Potato Soup
- Thai pumpkin soup
- Beef bone broth
- Sweet potatoe and leek soup
- Polish Barszcz (Beetroot Soup)
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)
- Frozen Espresso Cocktail