- 1 bunch coriander, leaves and stems, roughly torn into pieces by hand - include the roots if you have them
- 3 garlic cloves
- 10 grams thumb of fresh ginger
- 40 grams soy sauce
- 500 grams pork mince, (chicken, beef or a mix of mince can be used)
- 30 gow gee wrappers or wonton wrappers
- 500 grams beef or chicken stock, OR 500g water with a tablespoon of homemade or your preferred stock paste
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 20g piece fresh ginger
- 20 grams fish sauce
- 20 grams soy sauce
- 20g sugar
- 2 bunches of pak choy
- handful of sliced mushrooms
- sliced spring onions, fresh chilli and coriander, OPTIONAL garnishes to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
NOTE: You will get approximately 30 dumplings from this recipe. You do not have to use all of the dumplings - you can freeze some for another time.
Place coriander, garlic and ginger into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides of bowl and repeat once. Add mince and soy sauce to the TM bowl and blend for 8 sec/speed 8 or until mixture is smooth and blended together. Lay gow gee wrappers out on a flat surface and place a teaspoon of mince mixture on each wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper with your finger and pinch together to seal and form dumplings.
Lightly grease both the varoma dish and tray and arrange dumplings evenly so there is room in between each dumpling to allow steam to get through. You may freeze leftover dumplings by laying on a piece of baking paper in a container in the freezer and use as needed.
Pour stock (or water and stock paste if using) into TM bowl and add fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. Place TM lid and varoma into position and steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until dumplings are cooked through.
Meanwhile, prepare your vegetables by washing and cutting and place them into a thermoserver. When the broth has finished cooking, taste to see if extra fish sauce/soy sauce/sugar is needed and adjust accordingly. If you find it too salty for your taste, the broth can be watered down with some boiling water. Pour the hot broth into the thermoserver on top of the prepared vegetables. Cover with lid and leave for a few minutes until veggies soften.
Add cooked dumplings to serving bowls and pour the broth over the top.
Garnish with sliced spring onions, fresh chilli and coriander.
Accessories you need
The dumplings are equally as delicious with chicken or beef mince - I have used a mix of beef and pork mince before and they were divine
If you have dried shiitake mushrooms, blitz a handful in the bowl first and then start with step 1. The shittakes add a lovely flavour to the dumplings.
Come and visit my facebook page 'Aussie TM5 Thermomixer' for more great recipes shares, hints and tips
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Spicy sweet potato soup
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- QUICK AND EASY BEEF NACHOS
- TASTY SHEPHERD'S PIE (POTATO PIE, COTTAGE PIE)