- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 1 clove garlic, (2 if small)
- 4 potatoes, (medium sized, approx. 700g) Desiree or pontiac potatoes
- 2 leeks, pale section only, washed, dried, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons TM stock, (use less if you prefer a more subtle flavour)
- 800 grams water
- 150 grams thickened cream, (can use 300g if you like it creamy!)
- 1 bunch fresh chives, (optional for serving)
- sour cream, (optional for serving)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the onion and garlic and chop for 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrap down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then saute 3 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add the potato and leek, replace lid and MC on bowl, cook for 5 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add the stock and water. Replace lid and cook on speed 1-2, , Veroma, for 20 minutes or until potato is soft.
Puree 45secs by placing MC on lid and gradually increasing speed to speed 8, until mixture is smooth.
Add cream (you can use more or less, up to your taste). Replace lid and MC and stir on speed 5-8 for 10 seconds, to combine the cream. Taste and repeat as necessary.
Serve hot and sprinkle with chives, add a dolop of sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Zucchini balls
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Chickpea Dosa
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce