- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 1 clove garlic, (2 if small)
- 4 potatoes, (medium sized, approx. 700g) Desiree or pontiac potatoes
- 2 leeks, pale section only, washed, dried, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons TM stock, (use less if you prefer a more subtle flavour)
- 800 grams water
- 150 grams thickened cream, (can use 300g if you like it creamy!)
- 1 bunch fresh chives, (optional for serving)
- sour cream, (optional for serving)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the onion and garlic and chop for 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrap down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then saute 3 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add the potato and leek, replace lid and MC on bowl, cook for 5 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add the stock and water. Replace lid and cook on speed 1-2, , Veroma, for 20 minutes or until potato is soft.
Puree 45secs by placing MC on lid and gradually increasing speed to speed 8, until mixture is smooth.
Add cream (you can use more or less, up to your taste). Replace lid and MC and stir on speed 5-8 for 10 seconds, to combine the cream. Taste and repeat as necessary.
Serve hot and sprinkle with chives, add a dolop of sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paper Mache boiled flour and water paste
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)