- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 1 clove garlic, (2 if small)
- 4 potatoes, (medium sized, approx. 700g) Desiree or pontiac potatoes
- 2 leeks, pale section only, washed, dried, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons TM stock, (use less if you prefer a more subtle flavour)
- 800 grams water
- 150 grams thickened cream, (can use 300g if you like it creamy!)
- 1 bunch fresh chives, (optional for serving)
- sour cream, (optional for serving)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the onion and garlic and chop for 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrap down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then saute 3 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add the potato and leek, replace lid and MC on bowl, cook for 5 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add the stock and water. Replace lid and cook on speed 1-2, , Veroma, for 20 minutes or until potato is soft.
Puree 45secs by placing MC on lid and gradually increasing speed to speed 8, until mixture is smooth.
Add cream (you can use more or less, up to your taste). Replace lid and MC and stir on speed 5-8 for 10 seconds, to combine the cream. Taste and repeat as necessary.
Serve hot and sprinkle with chives, add a dolop of sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Easy Batter
- Japanese style sandwich bread
- Truffle Aioli
- Braised Jew Fish