- 500 grams Kent/Jap pumpkin, roasted with drizzle olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted with pumpkin
- 20 grams ghee or butter
- 1 Large carrot, roughly chopped
- 500 grams hot tap water
- 1/2 leek, white part only, roughly chopped, washed of any grit
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable stock paste, or to taste, I use full salt in mine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, I use madras curry from Indian Cookbook
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
1. Add the leek to the bowl and chop, 3 secs speed 7
2. Add the ghee or butter, cook 3 minutes, 100 deg, speed 2
3. Add the chopped carrots, 15 seconds, speed 7, then cook, 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2
4. Add the peeled pre baked pumpkin, weighing 500 grams into the bowl, also add the garlic cloves (optional) process speed 5, 6 seconds
5. Add 500 grams hot tap water, vegetable stock paste and curry powder.
6. Cook, 12-15 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 4
7. Allow some of the heat to escape by taking off the lid for a few minutes, then lock in the lid and process on speed 6 for 5 seconds to make sure the garlic and any pumpkin are blended.
Top with freshly ground pepper, serve as is.
roast the garlic with the pumpkin and a little olive oil on 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes, set aside
Accessories you need
leave the measuring cup in at all times.
This is a thick pumpkin soup.
You can serve it with sour cream if needed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Satay noodle salad
- Mushroom bolognese
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- Timorese tamarind BBQ sauce
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Hidden veggie chicken sausage rolls