- 1 onion, Halved
- 2 Green onions (optional), Chopped
- 15 g oil
- 4-5 Large, White Radishes, Peeled, roughly chopped
- 4 Large handfuls of radish tops, Chopped
- 3-4 Medium potatoes, Peeled, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Vege stock paste
- 600-1000 grams water
- to taste Heavy cream, cheese, sour cream, (Optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add onion (and green onion) to bowl. Chop speed 5, 3 sec.
(Adding the spring onion will give the soup a slight oniony flavor).
2. Weigh in 15g oil. Cook 100 deg, 3 mins, speed .
3. Add radish chunks, potato and radish tops, extra greens (optional), vege stock, and water. Cook speed 2, 25 mins, 100 deg.
(For a creamier soup, increase proportion of potato, for the slight taste of radish leave as is).
4. Allow to cool for a couple of mins while you prep your dipping croutons (optional but worth it). Cut bread into "sticks", spray with oil and bake in 1 layer in hot oven for about 5 mins, turn and bake other side til crispy. Mmmm....
5. Add to bowl heavy cream, cheese or sour cream to taste. Blitz for 1 min, speed 5 slowly increasing to 10.
6. Serve soup with croutons. And maybe a sprinkle of crispy onions.
As yet we haven't tried freezing this soup as there's never any left over! Let me know if you try it.
If adding extra greens, be aware that they will initially take up room in the bowl but will reduce in volume quickly upon heating. Extra greens also add extra water to the soup. They will also change the colour!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Aussie Apple Pie
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Parmigiana Sauce
- Savoury veggie filled muffins
- Musk Fudge
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Simple Carrot Salad
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- All-In-One Banana bread with a Honey Cream Cheese Spread