- 1 onion, Cut in half
- 2 clove garlic
- 50 g Butter
- 1-2 tsp cumin ground
- 10-20 g olive oil
- 40 g crunchy peanut butter
- 40 g Sweet chilli sauce, more if you like it hotter
- 800 g sweet potato, cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 600 g chicken stock
- sour cream, to serve
- Fresh Corriander, to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion and garlic to the bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
Add butter, olive oil and cumin. Saute 4 min/120 deg/Speed 1, MC off.
Add peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, sweet potato and chicken stock to bowl. Cook 25 min/100 deg/Speed 1, MC on.
Blend 1 min/speed 4-8 increasing gradually.
Serve with teaspoonful of sour cream and fresh corriander leaves.
Chicken stock can be replaced with 600g water and 1 tablespoon vegie stock concentrate (but I prefer chicken stock)
Some of the sweet potoato can be replaced with pumpkin.
For a more satay flavoured soup add more peanut butter.
For a hotter soup add extra sweet chilli sauce or a chilli or two.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.