- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 Large Brown Onion, Peeled & Quartered
- 1 clove garlic, Peeled
- 1 carrot, Peeled & Quartered
- 2 Rindless Bacon Rashers, Roughly Chopped
- 40 grams Butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 Potatoes (Medium) Skin on, Diced into .5cm cubes*
- 500 grams Milk
- 400 grams hot water, Extra to adjust taste
- 2 tablespoons TM chicken stock concentrate, Extra to adjust taste
- 100 grams frozen corn kernels, Or Fresh
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 150 grams Firm White Fish (See Note), Coarsley Cut
- 200 gram Salmon FIllet, Coarsley Cut
- 200 grams Prawns, Shells Removed and deveined
- 1 Loaf Crusty Bread, Cut into thick slices
1. Chop Parsley 3 sec/Spd 5. Set Aside.
2. Add onion and garlic to TM Bowl. Chop 3 sec/Speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add bacon & Carrot, Chop 3 sec/Speed 5.
3. Scrape bowl. Add Butter. Saute 4 mins/100C/speed 1.
4. Add Flour, cook 2 mins/100C/speed 1.
5. Add Milk, Stock and TM stock concentrate. Put Potatoes into TM steamer basket and insert into bowl. Cook 40 mins/90C/Spd 3 (or until potato is cooked).
6. Put Potatoes, Peas and Corn Kernels and a small amount of chowder (2 x MC) into the Thermoserver. Adjust taste of chowder base to your liking with TM chicken stock concentrate.
7. Add Corn, Fish, Salmon and Prawns to TM bowl and cook 4 mins/90C/"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting" .
8. Pour into Thermoserver.
9. Serve in a bowl topped with parsley, serve with a slice of crusty bread.
Accessories you need
I serve a big bowl of this as a main meal.
For the fish component. use a firm white fish such as Perch, Grenadier, Ling or Blue Eye.
* It is essential that the potato cubes are cut to this size.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- No bake Keto museli bars
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Filipino Pandesal