- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 2 Small red or yellow onions, Cut in half
- 800 g pumpkin, Skinned and chopped roughly
- 3 level tbsp Stock paste (From basic cook book), Or substitute with any broth you have instead of water
- 500 g water
- 30 g Ghee, Or oil
- to taste salt
- 1 level tsp nutmeg powder, Optional
- 1 heaped tablespoons cream, Optional
- 1 sprigs parsley, Optional
- 1 level tsp ground black pepper, Optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course Appetizer Autumn Mother's Day Winter Canadian USA Moroccan New Zealand American Asian Australian Caribbean European Baby food Children food Egg free Gluten free Non-dairy Vegetarian Nut free Cooking Cooking for 2 person Cooking for elderly people Cooking for single person Easy Low budget Natural Quick Indian Dinner Lunch Supper Holiday Kids in the kitchen
1. Start Thermie on speed 7, without measuring cup. Drop the garlic on running blades, and quickly cover with measuring cup.
2. Add onions, chop speed 5, 2 secs.
3. Using spatula, push ingredients down in bowl.
4. Add oil or ghee, saute for 6 mins, varoma, reverse speed 1.5 . (No measuring cup)
5. Add chopped pumpkin. Chop finer - speed 5, 2 seconds.
6. Push ingredients into bowl and saute for another 5 mins, varoma, speed rev 1.5.
7. Add broth or stock paste and water, cover with measuring cup, and cook 10 mins, varoma, speed 1.5. Water should just cover the pumpkin, but not be above the max line.
8. Add nutmeg if using.
9. Check that the pumpkin is soft, cover with measuring cup, and blend, slowly increasing speed from 4 to 9. Blend for 30 secs.
9. Soup is ready! Swirl in some cream, garnish with pepper and parsley and parmesan toast (optional).
The secret ingredient is the stock paste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Creme Fraiche TM6 Fermentation Mode
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce