- 400 grams mixed vegetables, roughly chopped, e.g. carrots, celery, parsnip etc.
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- 40 grams olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 500 grams lamb, diced
- 750 grams water
- 100 grams red lentils
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons TM vegetable stock concentrate
- Sea salt to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place vegetables in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 4.
2. Set vegetables aside.
3. Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Add oil and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
5. Add all spices and cook 1 min/100 degrees/speed 1.
6. Add diced lamb and cook 10 min/100 degrees/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
7. Add water, lentils, tomato paste and vegetable stock and cook 15 min/100 degrees/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
8. Add reserved vegetables and cook 15 min/100 degrees/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
Accessories you need
Add 1 can borlotti or red kidney beans (rinsed and drained) in step 8.
Stewing beef can be used to replace the lamb.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP
- Kale and Zucchini Soup
- Moroccan Carrot Soup With Chorizo
- Spicy Pumpkin and Mushroom Soup
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Beetroot Soup
- Kusksu - Maltese Soup
- Best Ever Pumpkin Soup (Variation)
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Swedish Gravy (vegetarian)
- Low FODMAP Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Temeika's Caramel Slice
- Chicken Curry
- Thermomixtress' favourite Low Carb Satay Sauce
- Laksa Penang
- Thermomixtress' favourite mash potato recipe
- XO Sauce (Thermomix Singapore)
- Apricot Bliss Balls
- Roasted pumpkin, zucchini and carrot puree
- Julie’s Chilli Jam