- 80 grams Extra Virgin Olive
- 900 grams ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 banana chillies (yellow paprika), halved and seeds removed
- 2 red paprika, halved and seeds removed
- 2 large red chillies, halved and seeds removed (Optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 40 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 750 grams chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 75 grams - 3 chipotle chillies in adobo*, (reduce to one (25g) or two (50g) if you prefer less spice)
- 500 grams fresh or frozen(defrosted) corn kernels
- 2 avocadoes, mashed
- 2 Limes
- 6 tablespoons coriander leaves
- * Chipotle chillies in adobo are available in tins from Specialty Food shops. Freeze any unused portions for later use.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Place halved tomatoes, onion wedges, banana chillies, red paprika and red chillies into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle over oil and gently toss to coat.
- Place all ingredients, skin-side up, onto a baking paper-lined baking tray and roast in oven for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Turn grill on to hot and grill for about 5 minutes until skins have blistered.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, then discard blistered skins from tomatoes, chillies and paprika.
- Add garlic to TM bowl and chop SP5 / 5 sec
- Add oil and sauté: 3-5 min / 100C / SP1
- Add grilled vegetables and chipotle chillies to bowl and blend: 10 sec / SP3
- Add stock and cook: 20 min / 100C / SP1, without Measuring Cup (MC)
- Add corn and continue to cook: 8 min / VAROMA / SP1, or until corn is tender. (Place the rice steamer basket onto lid to prevent soup from sputtering, but to release steam)
- Insert MC and slowly bring speed up to SP6 for 5 seconds, until soup and corn are coarsely processed. Season to taste.
- Coarsley mash avocado in a small bowl and stir in chopped coriander and the juice from one lime. Season to taste.
- Serve soup in bowls, topped with avocado and a wedge of lime
To Grill Vegetables
To Prepare Soup
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- French Gougeres
- Zucchini and basil soup
- Leek and smoked salmon dip
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Macadamia & Pistachio Orange Syrup Cake
- Frozen mojito cheesecake
- Frozen mojito
- Raspberry souffles
- Bourbon Ribs
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Zucchini balls
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Simple, creamy Hommus
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Thermo Papa's Spinach "Monsta" Pasta Sauce
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Riggo's Diane Sauce