- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 clove garlic, peeled, whole
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 40 g coconut oil
- 2 tsp Babas meat curry powder, add more if you like spice
- 750 g water
- 800 g tinned tomatoes, chopped, 2 x 400g tins
- 2 tbsp Stock Concentrate (either veggie or chicken)
- 120 g red lentils
- leaves coriander, for garnish when serving
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion, garlic cloves & carrot to the TM bowl. Chop 5-6 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down.
Add coconut oil (or equivalent) and saute 3 min, 120 deg (or varoma), speed 1.
Add Babas meat curry powder and saute, 1 min, 100 deg, speed 1.
Add water, tomatoes, stock concentrate & lentils. Cook, 20 mins, 100 deg, reverse speed, 1.* by putting it on reverse, you have the option to keep the lentils whole if you wish
Once cooked, you can serve as is with the coriander leaves as garnish, or you can blend the soup to a smooth conistency (as pictured). 1 min, speed 5, then increasing gradually to speed 9.
This recipe uses Babas Meat Curry Powder - as made famous by Nikalene Riddle over at Skinnymixers Facebook Group. You could create your own mix of spices, or use the spice list from the BCB "Moroccon Spiced Red Lentil Soup" if you wish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Corn and Cauliflower Soup
- Goulash Soup, German Style
- Curried Cream of Vegetable Soup
- Simple hearty pumpkin soup
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Leek potato soup
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Creamy pumkin soup
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup