- Half a carrier bag Stinging Nettles
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 grams oil or butter
- 1 large potato, Cut into large dice
- 1 carrot, Roughly chopped
- 750 grams water
- 1 -2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- Cream, milk or cashews
Wash nettles and remove any woody stems. (see tip)
Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil or butter and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add potato, carrot, nettles, water, stock, pepper and cook 20 mins/100C/speed 1. (To avoid overloading the Thermomix, add the nettles in batches during cooking.)
Blend 30 sec/speed 8, gradually increasing from speed 1 to speed 8 or until thoroughly blended.
If a creamier consistency is desired, add cream or milk and blend 30 sec/speed 4. For a vegan version, cashews can be added prior to blending as above.
Stinging Nettle Soup
Accessories you need
To avoid being stung, wear rubber gloves when handling the nettles. Disposable gloves do not work.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Aussie Apple Pie
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Parmigiana Sauce
- Savoury veggie filled muffins
- Musk Fudge
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Simple Carrot Salad
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice