- Half a carrier bag Stinging Nettles
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 grams oil or butter
- 1 large potato, Cut into large dice
- 1 carrot, Roughly chopped
- 750 grams water
- 1 -2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- Cream, milk or cashews
Wash nettles and remove any woody stems. (see tip)
Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil or butter and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add potato, carrot, nettles, water, stock, pepper and cook 20 mins/100C/speed 1. (To avoid overloading the Thermomix, add the nettles in batches during cooking.)
Blend 30 sec/speed 8, gradually increasing from speed 1 to speed 8 or until thoroughly blended.
If a creamier consistency is desired, add cream or milk and blend 30 sec/speed 4. For a vegan version, cashews can be added prior to blending as above.
Stinging Nettle Soup
Accessories you need
To avoid being stung, wear rubber gloves when handling the nettles. Disposable gloves do not work.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Oma’s Goulash Soup
- Keto Cauliflower and Zucchini Soup
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Savoury Bites
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce