- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 cm ginger, fresh, piece, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 40 g oil
- 750 g sweet potato, (Kumara), peeled and diced
- 160 g red lentils, (3/4 cup), rinsed
- 600 g vegetable stock, (2 - 3 cups) or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 200 grams Lite Coconut Milk
Put onion and ginger in TM bowl. Chop 5 sec on speed 7
Add curry paste and oil. Cook 3 min at 100 C on speed 1
Add Kumara, lentils and stock. Cook 20 mins, 100 C on speed 1-2
Add coconut milk and season with lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar
Mix to combine on speed 4, 10 sec
Serve topped with fresh cocoriander
note: Can use a combination of sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot if don't have enough sweet potato on hand.
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Hainanese Chicken Meal
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Low carb seed and nut bread
- Passionfruit marshmallow dark chocolate slice.
- Spinach, onion and feta pie
- Nutty Caramel Bliss Balls
- Jan's Butter Chicken
- Turkey mince burger patties
- Beef burger patties
- Marvelous Blend's Tomato Sauce
- GF and DF Orange and chocolate nutty cookies