- 2 sprigs rosemary, thyme
- 100 g puy or brown lentils
- a bouquet garni of 5 fresh thyme sprigs, 3 rosemary sprigs, 1 bay leaf and 5 flat leaf parsley stems
- 1 litre water
- 2 Medium onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 400 g tomatoes
- 400 g water, extra
- 3 cups greens :kale, chard, silverbeet or spinach or a mix
- salt and pepper to taste
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Chop finely rosemary, thyme 10sec / speed 8 and set aside
Pour 1 litre water and 100g of puy lentils (or brown lentils) into Thermomix. Cook for 30 minutes / 100C /"Counter-clockwise operation" / "Gentle stir setting" . Remove the bouquet garni, and set lentils aside.
Without cleaning bowl add roughly chopped onions, garlic, carrot and leek to Thermomix bowl. Chop 5 sec / speed 5
Cook 8-10 min / 100C / speed 1 (without MC )
Add 1 tbsp tomato paste, vegetable stock concentrate and tomatoes Cook 10 min / 100C / speed 1
Blitz for 3 sec / speed 5 to break up the chunks.
Add the lentil mixture and 400g water to the TMX along with 1½ tsp salt and black pepper to taste. Cook a further 10 min / 100C / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 1 . Add seasonings to taste.
Add 3 cups roughly chopped greens with 1 tsp of the finely chopped fresh rosemary, and fresh thyme.
Allow to wilt for 5 minutes in the hot soup, stir through gently 1 min / "Gentle stir setting" , adjust seasoning if necessary and serve hot.
Or use frozen, chopped organic spinach, adding into the soup at step 7, mixed on speed 5
Accessories you need
The vegan equivalent of "chicken soup", this soup is great for invalids and family meals. Add or subtract vegetables to your taste with the simplest version including minimal flavourings and just carrots tomatoes and lentils. Using a can of lentils, drained and rinsed, cuts preparation time to 35 mins.
This recipe is #wholefoodplantbased and #vegan
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Vegan Meringues
- Pain du Matin - Steamed Breakfast Bread (Vegan)
- Beaten Coffee Meringue Cappuccino - A Vegan treat
- Aloo Ghobi with Potato and Cauliflower - Vegan, Whole Food Plant Based
- Polenta Butter Whole food Plant Based and Vegan
- Moroccan Dressing
- Anni's GlutenFree Flour Baking Mix
- Chai Spiced Risotto with Ginger Pears
- Four C Salad
- Millet with Lime Creme
- Raw Vegan Lemon Curd
- Vegan Almond Parmesan
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli